- What is Vastu Shastra
- Important Principles of Vastu
- Vastu Tips For House
- Vastu Tips For Children Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Bedroom
- Vastu Tips For Dining Room
- Vastu Tips For Drawing Room
- Vastu Tips For Windows and Doors
- Vastu Tips For Your Bathroom
- Vastu Tips For Guest Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Kitchen
- Vastu Tips For Locker Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Garden
- Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
- Vastu Tips For Over Head Tank
- Vastu Tips For Garage
- Vastu Tips For Septic Tank
- Vastu Tips For Children Study Room
- Vastu Tips For Direction Of Staircase
- Vastu Tips For Colour
- Vastu Tips For Hotels
- Vastu Tips For Hospitals
- Vastu Tips For Factories
- Vastu Tips For Schools
- Vastu Tips For Selection of Plot
- Vastu Tips For East Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For West Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For South Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For North-West Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For South-East Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For Career
- Vastu Tips For Happy Married Life
- Vastu Tips For Health
- Vastu Tips For Finance
- Vastu Tips For Flats
- Vastu Tips For Room
- Vastu Tips For Medical Room
- Vastu Tips For Offices
- Vastu Tips For Interior designing
- Vastu Tips For Shop/Showroom
- Vastu Tips For Commercial Complex
- Vastu Tips For Institutions
- Vastu Tips For Movie Halls
- Vastu Tips For Multistorey Buildings
- Vastu Tips For Store Room
- Vastu Tips For Toilet
- Vastu Tips For Hostel
- Vastu Tips For Front Yard
- Vastu Tips For Back Yard
- Vastu Tips For Balcony
Vastu Guidelines for the Overhead Tank
“Water, water everywhere, still there is no water to drink.” Well, everybody must have heard this phrase at least once in a lifetime. Our earth constitutes of 70% of water but out of that only 3% is fresh water that is healthy for drinking. Out of that 3% water, the world uses water for many purposes, from drinking to bathing to washing, etc. This proves that life cannot exist without water which is why there are Water tanks in the house. Constructing a house is a task but filling it with necessary things is important for its functioning. Water tanks are installed in houses for the easy and smooth flow of water in the house for all the purposes. Overhead tanks are an important feature of the building or a house. The water that is stored in wells or supplied from corporations is pumped into the tank to use the water for daily chores. These water tanks are connected with outside supply tubes that come from municipal corporations which supply water to the houses.
Water tank systems are a great extension to architecture and have been helping people accumulate water for drinking, irrigation, livestock and many other purposes. From ancient times, water is considered a blessing that ensures abundance in health and fills life with joy, comfort and pleasure. Vastu Shastra explains the importance of placing the overhead tank in the right place to keep the flow of water in the house healthy and peacefully. If the overhead tank is placed according to the tips given by Vastu Shastra, it increases luck, harmony, prosperity, and makes life abundant.
Here is some of the Vastu Guidelines for the Overhead Tank, give them a thought for a better and fun-filled comfortable life:
1. • Position for the Tank: Vastu Shastra explains the right position for an overhead tank is in the west or south-west side of the building. It is advisable to avoid north-east corner as it has to be the lightest part of the house, thus keeping the tank in this direction creates an imbalance between the energies. Even south-east and northeast corner, as the basic rules state that the building must be high and tall enough and the appropriate direction for that is south.
2. • Distance from the Ground: It is always advisable to place the tank at least two feet above the floor as it enables the pressure of water flow in a better manner. The tank must not be direct in touch with the roof slab as it can cause dampness in the building thus destroying walls and other floors beneath the roof.
3. • Light Coloured Lining Tanks: Vastu Shastra states that it is always beneficial to use light coloured tanks with horizontal lines. The reason behind this rule is that it prevents fungus and makes it easier to identify any problem, leakage or fungus and prevent it from damage.
4. • Avoid plastic tanks: During early decades, people used to get the tanks build on the top of the building using cement and bricks. Many of the people have seen different shapes and coloured tanks built on the top of the house. But, now people are moving towards plastic tanks which are highly unadvisable. Vastu Shastra explains the importance of concrete tanks; it keeps the foundation solid and water pure whereas plastic is a hazardous substance which attracts diseases and health issues.
5. • Placement for Solar Geyser: If a person plans to install a solar geyser, the best place to place it is above the overhead tank to make sure water flows properly.
6. • Different Tanks for different Purposes: Water is used for many different purposes. Similarly segregating tanks for domestic works and fresh drinking is good for health. The water stored in tanks comes out from taps and filters, but, in case the water comes from taps, it is better to use different tanks for purposes thus maintaining the health of the body. Two different tanks must be used, one for drinking, cooking, etc. and another for gardening, bathing, washing, etc.
7. • Appropriate Colour for the Tanks: For the people, who are in favour of plastic tanks, must go for black and dark blue coloured tanks. Vastu Shastra says that dark colours prevent the water from sun rays, ultraviolet radiations and keep the water safe to drink.
8. • Avoid leakage from the Tank: This is one of the most common rule of Vastu Shastra. While installing an overhead tank, make sure the placement and direction are in such a manner that there is no chance of leakage is left. In case, there is any leakage; it is considered inauspicious as it encourages the outflow of money from the house.
9. • Placements to avoid: The right direction for the tank is in the west or south-west direction. Similarly, while placing the tank keep a check on the room beneath the tank. Avoid placing tanks above kitchen and bedroom as it can cause dampening and loss to the things beneath.
10. • Protecting the Tank: Overhead tanks are known to be located on the top of the building which makes them vulnerable to rainfall, heat, snow and any other unavoidable condition. Vastu Shastra says that it is good to keep the tanks covered completely. A person can build four walls around the tank with concrete or simply cover the tank with a cloth. Also, cleaning of the tank is important, all you need is to choose a day in a week and clean it from inside out which keeps it clear from dirt, dust, fungus and bird twigs, etc.
To conclude, the overhead tank is like a hat for the building which serves many purposes. It provides water to the members of the house or building, also keeps the water safe and stored just like a hat which keeps the head safe yet looks fashionable. So, have a look at the rules, follow them and say hello to water that is safe, easy to store and bring prosperity into your place.