- What is Vastu Shastra
- Important Principles of Vastu
- Vastu Tips For House
- Vastu Tips For Children Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Bedroom
- Vastu Tips For Dining Room
- Vastu Tips For Drawing Room
- Vastu Tips For Windows and Doors
- Vastu Tips For Your Bathroom
- Vastu Tips For Guest Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Kitchen
- Vastu Tips For Locker Room
- Vastu Tips For Your Garden
- Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
- Vastu Tips For Over Head Tank
- Vastu Tips For Garage
- Vastu Tips For Septic Tank
- Vastu Tips For Children Study Room
- Vastu Tips For Direction Of Staircase
- Vastu Tips For Colour
- Vastu Tips For Hotels
- Vastu Tips For Hospitals
- Vastu Tips For Factories
- Vastu Tips For Schools
- Vastu Tips For Selection of Plot
- Vastu Tips For East Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For West Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For South Facing Plot
- Vastu Tips For North-West Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For South-East Facing Plots
- Vastu Tips For Career
- Vastu Tips For Happy Married Life
- Vastu Tips For Health
- Vastu Tips For Finance
- Vastu Tips For Flats
- Vastu Tips For Room
- Vastu Tips For Medical Room
- Vastu Tips For Offices
- Vastu Tips For Interior designing
- Vastu Tips For Shop/Showroom
- Vastu Tips For Commercial Complex
- Vastu Tips For Institutions
- Vastu Tips For Movie Halls
- Vastu Tips For Multistorey Buildings
- Vastu Tips For Store Room
- Vastu Tips For Toilet
- Vastu Tips For Hostel
- Vastu Tips For Front Yard
- Vastu Tips For Back Yard
- Vastu Tips For Balcony
Vastu for Balcony
It is said, “A good day starts with a fresh and beautiful morning”, but often people feel bad and lazy when they get up because of the boundaries. With increasing modernization, the houses people are shifting towards apartments and flats, congested places where there is a lack of fresh air and sunlight. But, a dream house is a house with big rooms, beautiful garden and balcony with every room. Well, you can easily bring your dream into reality; all you need is a good plan and an architect to shape.
A balcony is an important part of the room, it makes the room complete and allows some fresh air and sunlight in the room. Having a balcony is not only good for health, but it is also romantic where you can sit with your partner and have a good time having a cup of tea and talking to each other. But, sometimes making a balcony in the wrong direction leads to fights and problems in the family. A wrong placement can lead to health issues, mental breakdowns and even fights in the relations that is why people prefer using Vastu Shastra Tips for Balcony to make the balcony a relaxing and romantic place:
1. • Location for the Balcony :The right location for the balcony plays an important role to bring harmony among relations and also make the house look good. According to Vastu Shastra, the right location for the balcony is eastern or northern part of the house. The north and east sides of the house are prone to air and sunlight during morning and evening which makes the area moderate and comfortable to sit whereas southern and western sides are too hot to sit thus avoided. So, whenever you are planning to cut some space for the balcony, try opting for the north or east side of the room.
2. • Furniture for the Balcony :A balcony is an open area to relax and enjoy the natural environment. Often people have a habit of reading newspaper with a cup of tea in the morning that is why it is important to put right furniture for the balcony. Can you put a whole sofa set in the balcony? Well, that sounds ridiculous, isn’t it? A special selection of furniture is available, especially for balconies. Vastu suggests placing heavy furniture like chairs, bean bags, small sofas and a table in the south-west corner of the balcony. You can also hang a swing in the balcony for recreational purposes and some cute chairs and bean bags for children.
3. • Decorative Items for the Balcony :Nowadays, the presentation is most important. People follow the ultimate formula of keeping fewer things but presenting them in a classy manner to stun people. You can play with colours, decorative and creative items, furniture, plants and what not to make your balcony look a beautiful and serene place to spend some quality time. Vastu advises keeping small plants on the north-east side of the balcony so that they can enjoy proper sunlight and air for their growth. You can hang a swing in the east-west axis, and a person is facing north or south while sitting on the swing is considered auspicious. It increases blood flow and brings happiness to life. You can also keep small flower pots on the balcony to add up the charm and beauty to the balcony.
4. • Roof Positioning of the Balcony :A balcony is a half open area where a person sits in the morning and evening to relax the mind and body. According to the rules stated in Vastu Shastra, the height of the balcony must be lower than the roof of the main building. It will give a proportionate look the balcony and make the building look good. While choosing the metal for the roof of the balcony, avoid tin for the roof as it absorbs and traps heat within the space and make the area hotter and uncomfortable to sit within. Vastu says to keep the area clean and clutter free to keep all the negativity and evil eyes away from the balcony. You can also hang a wind chime on the door as it makes the environment calm and soothing.
5. • Material for the Furniture of the Balcony :Keeping furniture in the balcony is very important otherwise where will you sit? Can you enjoy your first cup of tea while sitting on the floor? Of course not, that is why people keep some furniture in the balcony. But, you cannot keep any furniture in the balcony; only the right furniture will bring comfort and relaxes the body. Vastu guides keeping marble and wooden furniture in the balcony works the best. If there is metallic furniture, it will burn your body from heat and keeping plastic furniture looks cheap and also bad for the environment. To make your balcony look beautiful, you can use marble table and wooden chairs, or you can go for a customised designer wooden set for the balcony.
6. • Lighting for the Balcony : :Sometimes it feels so good to sit under the stars and enjoy peaceful time watching the sky. Many people have a habit of sitting on the balcony after dinner and talk about the day. But, sitting in the dark lead to the negativity that is why lighting in the balcony plays a crucial role. Vastu advises using soothing lights or lamps in the balcony rather than high beam and scorching lights. High beam lights kill the mood and are also bad for vision, so choose the right lights and make your balcony a romantic place to dive in.
7. • Colours for the Balcony :According to Vastu Shastra, using calm colours like blue, cream, white and light tones of pink and green works the best. Avoid using dark and dull colours for the balcony.
To conclude, a balcony acts as a connection between a person and environment, so to make the connection peaceful and deeper make sure you construct a beautiful, calm and soothing balcony by using the above tips from Vastu Shastra.