The following Daily Panchang are shown for the date 27 June, 2019 Panchang, Panchanga, Panchangam for Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India".
As per Vedic Astrology, Panchang is considered to be a mirror of coming times. Spiritually it is a daily calendar that provides the knowledge of days’ time frames. Panch means five and Anga means limbs or attributes. There are five characteristics of time which are Vara, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yoga and Karana.Panchang features changes with a change of place that is Panchang for two different places will be different even for the same time.
Importance of Panchang
• As said earlier, Panchang is a mirror of the future time-frames. It is useful to know the best day and time. It means the most very basic and most important objective for Panchang is related to “matters of timing”.
• Panchang is used for setting of Muhurth as for auspicious events, preparing horoscope, setting up dates of fasts and Sharaads.
• It helps in providing the information about the auspicious and inauspicious time periods in a day.
How to use Birthastro’s Panchang software to create Panchang for a given location ?
You are required to enter the date in the first column by picking the correct date from the online calendar displayed by the software. Next step is to enter the name of the place or city. Similarly, the tool will be displaying various names of the city after you write initial characters and you may be required to pick the correct place name. The software will automatically create the Panchang based on the information provided.
Features of this Panchang software
In the continuous efforts to provide the accurate astrological readings, Birthastro’s Panchang software is a free online Panchang tool to know the Panchang of any given day. This Panchang software gives an accurate snapshot of various Muhuratas. A worthy advantage of this software is that there is no need to carry or explore the regional Panchang.
The following informationis displayed when you use this Panchang software :
• Tables of Panchang – Titthi, Vaar, Karan, Nakshatra and Yoga for any given day and location.
• Daily calendar which includes information like Samvat, lunar month, Ayana, Season or Ritu, time of Sunrise and Sunset, time of Moonrise and Moonset.
• Yogas with degrees – Auspicious and inauspicious Yogas will be shown like – Abhijit Muhurat, Guru Pushya, Amrit Kaal, Sarwarth siddhi, Tripushkar, Rahu Kalam, Chaugdia, Yamaganda Kalam, Gulika Kalam, Dur Muharat, Varjyam, Visha, Hutashn, Yamghantak and Anandadi Yoga.
Characteristics of Panchang:
A Vedic Panchangis based on 5 major characteristics or arms or limbs :
1) Vara: Vara represents seven days of the week that are ruled by the seven planets. Sunday (ruled by planet Sun), Monday (Moon), Tuesday (Mars), Wednesday (Mercury), Thursday (Jupiter), Friday (Venus) and Saturday (Saturn).
2) Tithi(including Paksha): Represents the day of the moon phase. There exist 14 Tithis in-between new moon and full moon. The fortnight period between New Moon Day and Full Moon Day (the period of the brightening moon or waxing moon) is called Shukla Paksha or Gaura Paksha whereas, the period of the fading moon (or waning moon), the second fortnight of the month is called Krishna Paksha, or Vadhya Paksha.
3) Nakshatra: Represented by the lunar mansions or houses. The moon’s path is divided into 27 units called as Nakshatras. The planets keep on visiting these houses on the regular basis.
4) Yoga: Represents the combination or an angle of the sun and the moon that determines the auspiciousness of each day. There are 27 Yogas in total.
5) Karana: Represents the half of a Tithi. There are 2 Karanas in each Tithi while there are eleven Karanas in total.